- 1 can (15 oz.) creamed corn
- 1 c. fresh yellow corn kernels
- 1 pkg. (7 oz.) yellow cornbread mix
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1 egg
- 3/4 c. fresh pico de gallo, divided
- 1 lb. ground chicken breast
- 1 c. celery, diced
- 1/2 c. onion, diced
- 1 can (4 oz.) green chilies, diced
- 1 1/2 c. sharp white Cheddar, shredded and divided
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix creamed corn, cornbread mix, sour cream, egg and ½ cup pico de gallo in a medium bowl. Set aside. Place 1 tsp oil in bottom of 12” cast iron or oven proof skillet and use it to brown ground chicken breast, celery and onions. Drain any excess juices.
Mix the diced green chiles and remaining pico de gallo into the chicken mixture in skillet. Top with 1 cup of cheese and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Top skillet with corn mixture and sprinkle the top with remaining ½ cup of cheese. Bake 35-40 minutes until golden. Remove and let rest for 5-7 minutes before serving in wedges.