- 2 thick cut pieces Italian bread
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Turkey chunks (your desired amount)
- 2 tablespoons Cranberry Sauce (recipe below)
- 8 1/8 1/8” slices Great Midwest® Cranberry Cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 c. fresh cranberries
- 1/2 c. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/3 c. white sugar
- Zest of 1 Orange
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine cranberries, orange juice, sugar and orange zest. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low and gently simmer for 10 minutes until thickened. Allow to cool and store in refrigerator.
Spread one side of each piece of bread with butter. Place 1 slice of bread, buttered side down in a skillet over medium heat. Add 4 slices of cheese to the slice of bread. Top the cheese with 1 tablespoon cranberry sauce. Add turkey to the top of cranberry sauce. Add remaining 4 slices of cheese. Place the other slice of bread buttered side up. Cook for about 4 minutes per side until bread is golden and cheese has melted.