- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1/2 c. red onion, diced
- 1/2 tbsp. lemongrass, drained
- 3/4 c. medium raw shrimp, shelled, deveined, tail-off and coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 1 tbsp. Thai garlic chili sauce
- 1/2 c. Great Midwest® Habanero Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 thick slices Italian bread
- Great Midwest® Habanero Jack cheese, sliced
Heat olive oil in large sauté pan over medium heat. Add red onion and lemongrass and cook, stirring until onion is softened and fragrant, approximately 1-2 minutes. Add shrimp and cook, stirring constantly until shrimp is pink, approximately 1-2 minutes. Immediately remove from heat and scoop shrimp mixture into a medium bowl. Add cream cheese, chili sauce and shredded cheese and stir until evenly distributed.
Spread butter on one side of each of the bread slices. Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Place 2 slices bread, buttered side down, in skillet. Layer with sliced cheese, shrimp mixture, sliced cheese and remaining bread, buttered side up. Cook until cheese begins to melt, approximately 2-3 minutes. Flip sandwiches and cook an additional 2 minutes until cheese is melted and bread is golden brown. Remove from heat and serve immediately.