- 1/4 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. lemon zest
- 1/4 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tbsp. balsamic. vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Vidalia onions, thinly sliced
- 3 tomatoes thinly sliced
- 2 small chicken cutlets
- 1 Ciabatta roll, split
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Great Midwest® Garlic & Dill Cheddar cheese, sliced 1/3" thick
- 1 large basil leaf
In a large bowl whisk together 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt and pepper. Fold in the Vidalia onion and tomato slices. Move half the mixture to a small, sealable container and refrigerate. Add the chicken to the large bowl and turn to coat with remaining mixture. Cover with plastic. wrap and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 30 minutes.
Brush both sides of the Ciabatta roll with 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil and grill over high heat, flipping until both sides are golden; set aside. Remove the chicken from the marinade and add to the grill; cook throughly. Discard the remaining marinade.
Place the cooked chicken on the toasted roll and top with Great Midwest® Garlic. & Dill Cheddar cheese, marinade mixture from your refrigerator and top with basil. Close sandwich and serve.