- 1/2 c. unsalted butter, divided
- 1 red onion, sliced about 1/4”thick
- 1/2 head green cabbage, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 8 slices rye bread
- Great Midwest® Garlic & Dill Cheddar cheese, sliced
- 2-2/3 cups corned beef, shredded
Heat skillet to medium-high heat and add 1/4 cup butter. When melted, add onion, cabbage and Worcestershire sauce. Cook until onions are caramelized, about 8-10 minutes. Set aside.
Heat skillet to medium heat. Butter 1 side of each slice of bread with remaining butter. Place 4 slices buttered side down in skillet and layer with cheese, shredded beef, cheese, onion and cabbage mixture, cheese and the remaining bread slices, buttered side up. Cook until both sides of sandwich are golden brown and cheese has melted. Serve with a dollop of brown mustard, if desired.