- 1/3 c. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, roasted
- 1 large jalapeño, seeded and diced (about 1/4 c. chopped)
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro (about 1/4 c. chopped)
- 1 bunch fresh parsley (about 1/4 c. chopped)
- 1 tbsp. lime juice
- 1/2 tbsp. lemon pepper
- Cooking spray
- 8 thick slices bakery-style mountain or cottage bread
- 1 stick Great Midwest® Mango Fire Cheddar cheese, sliced
- 8 ounces sliced dried Calimyrna figs (about 10-12 figs, depending on size)
- 1 stick Great Midwest® Chipotle Cheddar cheese, sliced
Preheat oven to 350° F.
In a food processor, blend together the olive oil, roasted garlic, jalapeño, cilantro, parsley, lime juice and lemon pepper into a well-blended pesto sauce. Set aside.
Heat grill pan to medium heat. Spray with cooking spray. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place one buttered slice down on grill pan immediately layer with Mango Fire Cheddar cheese slices, fig slices and Chipotle Cheddar cheese slices. Spread pesto on unbuttered side of second slice of bread then top with pesto side down. Grill each side 1-1/2 to 2 minutes until bread is toasted lightly.
Cover a cookie sheet with tin-foil then spray with cooking spray. Place sandwiches on the cookie sheet and place in oven. Bake for five minutes to fully melt cheese.
To plate, cut sandwich into two halves and serve with your favorite side.