- 24 each medium Anaheim peppers
- 1/2 c. olive oil
- 2 whole eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 24 ounces (6 c.) ricotta cheese
- 20 ounces (about 5-3/4 c.) brie cheese, in 1/4" dice
- 8 ounces (2 c.) mozzarella or monterey jack cheese, grated
- 8 ounces (2 c.) Asiago cheese, finely grated
- 1 c. cilantro, chopped
- 6 cups smoked chicken, julienned
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Tabasco™ sauce to taste
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Pinch of baking powder
- 1 tbsp. salt
- 4 egg yolks
- 24 ounces beer
- 4 egg whites
- 8 raw tomatillos, skin husks removed and roughly chopped
- 1 raw poblano chile pepper, roughly chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 10 spinach leaves
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- 12 sprigs cilantro
- 4 ounces (1 c.) Asiago cheese, grated
Toss Anaheim peppers in oil. Broil, turning occasionally, until blistered. Place in stainless steel bowl, cover tightly with plastic wrap and cool until cool enough to handle.
Peel the peppers. Cut a slit down the length of the peppers. Carefully remove the seeds and vein. Set aside.
Whisk eggs and 2 eggs yolks until foamy. Add ricotta cheese and mix thoroughly. With a rubber spatula, fold in the brie cheese. Fold in the remaining filling ingredients, mixing thoroughly. Chill until very cold.
Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl. In another bowl, combine egg yolks and beer. Add to dry ingredients and stir gently to combine.
Whip egg whites to medium peak. Fold in to batter mixture. Let rest one hour.
Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. Set aside.
Fill each pepper with cheese filling. Pour batter into flat container.
Heat oil in a deep fryer to 350º F.
Dip each pepper in the batter, turning to coat completely. Drop peppers a few at a time into hot oil and deep fry for 4 to 6 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Pour 2 ounces sauce on each of 12 serving plates. Place two peppers on sauce. Garnish with cilantro sprigs and Asiago cheese.