- 1 c. quick oats, uncooked
- 1/4 c. finely chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar, packed firmly
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1 pkg. (4 oz.) goat cheese, softened
- 2 eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 1/4 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
- 1 c. sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 c. light brown sugar, packed firmly
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3 medium apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 c. raisins
- 1/2 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/4 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 c. chopped pecans, lightly toasted
Preheat oven to 375° F. Line 18 standard muffin tins with foil liners.
Combine oats, 1/4 cup pecans, 2 tablespoons light brown sugar and melted butter, blending well. Spoon about 1 heaping tablespoon of the mixture into the bottom of each foil-lined muffin cup, then press firmly to form a crust over the bottom (the bottom of a clean spice jar works well for this). Place in preheated oven and bake for 5 minutes, then remove and let cool. Reduce oven temperature to 325° F.
In a large bowl, beat softened cream cheese and goat cheese on medium-high speed of electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating just until blended, then add sour cream, cayenne pepper and cheddar cheese, stirring to incorporate well. Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups. Bake about 20-22 minutes, or just until set. Cool in pans on wire rack. Cover and chill until serving time.
To make Warm Raisin-Dotted Apples, melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet placed over medium heat; when hot, add 1/3 cup brown sugar and milk, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Add apples, raisins, allspice and vanilla, stirring gently until apples are tender and glazed with mixture.
Remove cheesecakes from the foil liners; place one on a serving plate, then spoon apple mixture around, dividing equally. Sprinkle lightly with pecans.